Grievances relating to the academic programs must be in writing and submitted to the Director of Education. If, in the judgment of the student, it becomes necessary to escalate the grievance, the student may submit their grievance in writing to the School Director’s office. The School Director will then meet with the student to discuss the matter and attempt a resolution.
If, in the judgment of the student, the school is unable to resolve the situation to the satisfaction of the student the unresolved grievance may be submitted in writing to:
If a student has used the institution’s formal student complaint procedure, and the issue has not been resolved, the student has the right and is encouraged to submit a complaint to ACCET in writing via the online form on the ACCET website. The online form will require the following information:
- Name and location of the ACCET institution.
- A detailed description of the alleged problem(s).
- The approximate date(s) that the problem(s) occurred.
- The names and titles/positions of all persons involved in the problem(s), including faculty, staff, and/or other students.
- What was previously done to resolve the complaint, along with evidence demonstrating that the institution’s complaint procedure was followed prior to contacting ACCET.
- The name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address of the complainant. If the complainant specifically requests that anonymity be maintained, ACCET will not reveal his or her name to the institution involved.
- The status of the complainant with the institution (e.g., current student, former student).
- Please include copies of any relevant supporting documentation (e.g., student’s enrollment agreement, syllabus or course outline, correspondence between the student and the institution).
Note: Complainants will receive an acknowledgment of receipt within 15 business days.